Monday, August 10, 2009

Time for a celebration!!

Last week I started taking Landon to his new school for a couple of hours each day to make the transition as painless as possible. Well, last week was anything but painless, in fact it was one of the hardest weeks I (we) have had since Landon joined our family. From Landon's perspective his new school is big, unfamiliar, and doesn't include David & I, and I really questioned whether sending him to "school" was the path that we needed to take at this time. After lots of praying I think this is where he is supposed to be. He went for 3 days last week for 2 to 3 hours each day, and each day got better and a little easier. Today was the easiest so far! When we got there Landon wanted to give his teacher a kiss, so I'm thinking 'this is good', but then it was time for me to go and he cried and didn't want me to go--it is so heartbreaking. However, his teacher is really great, she takes pictures of him playing while he is there to reassure me that he doesn't cry the whole time. I worked in my classroom today to pass the time and when it was time to pick Landon up I was greeted by one happy little guy. His teacher said that he had a super day and only cried for a few minutes after I left. Such great news...this week is definitely going to be better than last!!
My happy little guy after we got home. Don't you just love his shirt...it says, "Heads..."
"...or tails"
We got it because it has "George" (his favorite stuffed monkey) on it and Landon loves George!

1 comment:

amandanbo said...

yaaaayyyy! so glad that he is adjusting to his big boy school! such a good idea to start him gradually! you are such a great mama and know just what your little guy needs! love his shirt, too!