Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Official Day

Today was David and I's first official day back to work after a very fun-filled summer. Such a bittersweet moment, it is so sad leaving the relaxing days of summer, but at the same time I can't wait to meet my new students and get back into a routine. There is such a sense of excitement that comes with the beginning of a new school year. So, in teacher terms, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
Landon got his first busted lip yesterday (you can see it in the pics). He was climbing up playground equipment and lost his footing, then hit his mouth. He is handling it like a trooper--he acts like it is not even there. I have to admit that I am going to miss his sweet face everyday while I am at work. I see lots of snuggling and hugs in store for this weekend with the little guy. Today his teacher told me that while they were on the playground Landon caught a 2 inch long grasshopper. Such a boy!!This is our attempt at a self portrait before we headed out the door this morning. We tried to make sad faces since summer is over, but we kept laughing.

1 comment:

amandanbo said...

ya'll are such a cute family! i hope you get a great class this year...they will be getting an fabulous teacher :) give landon some hugs and kisses from me :)
~amanda