Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1 1/2 years

My sweet boy is 1 1/2 today! I stopped doing his monthly blog updates when he turned one so it is time for an update on this precious little boy. Before I start on his update I have to admit that it has been a tough day for both of us. No, not because I'm sad that he is growing up way too fast (although he is), but I took Landon to his new daycare for two hours this morning as a transitional adjustment. His teacher said that it was a hard two hours for him, he cried and didn't want to play, however, he did like playing outside. I'm not sure who has cried more today, him or me. I pray that each day will get easier as Landon goes through this big adjustment. To help him adjust I plan to take him for a couple of hours each day until I have to be back at work later in the month. I know that we will make it through this and in no time Landon will love it there...his teacher is very sweet and there are lots of fun things to do there.

1 1/2 YEAR UPDATE
  • loves to be outside
  • loves to clean, throw trash away, and be a helper
  • his most favorite word is "hello"
  • his favorite foods are meatloaf, salmon, talapia, sloppy joes, and fruit
  • enjoys listening to and "reading" books (sometimes 5 or 6 in one sitting)
  • sleeps all night and loves his bed
  • has 6 teeth (4 on top, 2 on bottom)
  • wears size 18 months and is beginning to wear 2T
  • has a monkey named George that he adores
  • he is a climber, runner and a mover
  • he loves the water and going to the pool
  • knows the parts of his body--his knee and nose are a favorite
  • loves to play "ring around the rosey"
  • enjoys singing "itsy bitsy spider" and is pretty good at the motions
  • goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and wakes up around 7:30 the next morning
  • loves to play chase and is such a giggle box when we play chase
  • dances when he hears music on the television and always wants me to dance with him, he grabs my hand and pulls me to dance...so cute
  • does a pretty good job of following directions, we have only had to use time-out a handful of times
  • he is a sweet and loving boy, and loves to give hugs & kisses to us
  • he has the luckiest parents--what did we ever do to earn this little guy?!

And a few pictures from a year ago...

1 comment:

amandanbo said...

oh he is just such a sweetheart! i'm sure he will adjust quickly, but doing something new is always hard (i have to constantly remind myself of this with all the change going on in our lives right now...poor ava...i think she knows something is coming) his school sounds wonderful!