Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bye Bye Pappy

We decided that it was time to take Landon's pacifier (or 'pappy' as Landon calls it) away. It was something that we wanted to do last summer when he was 1 1/2, but we just didn't have the heart to do it. He only uses it when he sleeps, and he has really grown attached to it the past few months.

We bought 4 balloons and tied his pacifier to it, and we let Landon let it go."Bye, bye pappy."
Landon ran after his pappy once it floated away, but he never cried.
We were really nervous about bedtime. We thought it would be a rough sleepless night, but it wasn't at all. Before Landon went to bed he did look in all the places that a pacifier usually is, and he kept saying, "pappy bye bye". He cried a little bit when we put him in bed, but eventually we heard him talking about his pappy going bye bye....and then he fell asleep.
I'm so proud of my big boy!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love this idea!! I think we may do this with Briley later on :)