Today we went to the 19th annual baby reunion hosted by the fertility clinic that we practically lived at not too long ago. During the past 19 years, 1,043 babies have been born as a result of the procedures that very talented doctors have performed at this clinic. We didn't go to the reunion last year because Landon was a newborn, but thought that it would be fun to go this year. We got to meet some wonderful families, and I think we saw way more sets of twins than we have ever seen in one place!!! The oldest IVF baby there was an 18 year old girl, she will be going to A&M in the fall. And the youngest IVF baby there was 6 weeks old. Whether you have a baby the good old fashioned way or you go through invasive procedures, every baby is a miracle, however, I do have to say that it was comforting being surrounded by families that have walked in similar shoes as ours today. We look forward to going to the 20th baby reunion next year. Here are some pictures from the reunion...
The reunion was held at a park with a little pond that is surrounded by a walking path, it was so pretty.
This is Dr. Putman. He was our doctor when we went through IVF. This man is brilliant, his credentials are pages long, but one thing that amazes me is that he holds four international patents for inventing new robotic surgical instruments--amazing!! Landon was a little frightened by him, you can tell in the picture!
My sweet boy walking around.Later in the day we did some shopping and picked up a few decorative items for our newly painted house, I have to say that I do love Kirklands!! David also went ahead and took me to dinner for Mother's Day. This was my idea as I would rather not get out in the busy-ness that will be going on at the restaurants on the "real" Mother's Day. I picked a Hibachi grill that reminds me of a place that we loved when we lived in WF. It is almost as good as the place in WF so it works!! Landon loved it too--especially the noodles!








I love this kid so much, he completely melts my heart.


1 comment:
as he should! he is darling and is such a miracle and blessing! happy mother's day to you pretty lady!
~amanda
Post a Comment