Thursday, August 4, 2011

Colorado Trip

We had such a great time on our trip to Colorado last week and I took over 200 pictures.  Obviously, I don't want to post that many pictures in one post, so I picked out some of my favorites and here they are...

 
 We spent some time in Estes park walking around, shopping, eating, and hanging out by a little river that runs through the mountain.
 Shannon and Landon. 

 The whole gang.
 Grandma and Grandpa with their grandkids.
 Uncle Bryan and Landon.
 There were little squirrel looking critters running all around the rocks and they were not scared of people at all.  Landon was fascinated by them and came really close to catching a few...thankfully he wasn't able to.
 The Rocky Mountains are breathtakingly beautiful and I snapped so many pictures of them, but pictures don't do them justice so I'm just posting this one for memories sake.
 Landon and Kyle picking flowers along the mountain top. 
 These silly kids thought it would be funny to pretend that they were falling off the edge of the mountain!  Ha!  Really it's just a little ledge and I'm pretty sure they were sitting on their knees.  They're so funny!  :)
 Gary and Sandra enjoying the breeze on top of the mountain.
 I just love jumping pictures!
 The kids thought it was so cool to see the snow on top of the mountain!
 There were elk everywhere and they looked so calm and peaceful.  As we were driving back down the mountain, we spotted a moose and oh my goodness....he was huge!!  I've never seen a real live moose before so I thought it was pretty neat, I guess a lot of other people did too because there were lots of cars pulled over to snap pictures of him.  He was far in the distance so the pictures that I got of him weren't that great.  :(
 We also took the Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak.  Landon was so excited to ride the train to the top of the mountain--I know it's a trip he won't forget.  Little boys love their trains!
 Landon checking out the view from the train.
 Several trains go up and down the mountain at a time, so we snapped a picture of another train that was following us up.
 We made it! 
This is the train we rode up on.

We had a great trip and made lots of great memories as a family!

No comments: