Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bath Time...

I have been playing with photoshop lately, and trying to figure out how to get awesome looking pictures. I have SO much to learn!! In these 3 pictures I "tried" to make Landon's eyes really stand out, however I'm not sure I needed photoshop for that one--with eyelashes like his they already stand out.

Not sure why I have a dark line on top of this photo or on the side of the photo below...see what I mean--still so much to learn! Ha!

Oh, and I used my flash--I hear that is a big no no, too! I really admire the people out there that can take beautiful photos and make them even more beautiful through photoshop.

5 comments:

amandanbo said...

yeah, that boy has got some gu.orgeous. eyelashes! your pics are looking good! i'm still learning photoshop, too...i think it's a neverending journey!
if you ever want to get together and "play" let me know! would love to see if i could learn something new from you!

Karen said...

Hi Heather,

I am an old friend of David's. Photoshop is great fun to learn. Here is a link with the steps to make eyes pop from the Scrap Matters Blog. Thought this might be what you are looking for. http://scrapmatters.com/wordpress/2009/11/07/saturday-special-easy-eye-pop/

Karen said...

Published too soon... You are correct about his eyes. They really do pop on there own. Beautiful child!!

amandanbo said...

& i was gonna share this blog with you...she is a photog from hawaii and she has several different photoshop tutorials on her page...she is also an incredible writer. a daily read for me...
http://www.natalienortonphoto.com/
all the tutorials are on the left sidebar of her blog, but here's the link to the "how to make eyes pop in photoshop" tutorial!
http://digital-photography-school.com/editing-eyes-3-photoshop-steps-to-eyes-that-pop

have fun! cna't believe landon's birthday is coming up so soon! they grow up way too quickly don't they?!

Heather said...

Thanks girls for the websites, I'll definitely take a look! Amanda, I would love to get together and "play", although I'm not sure you would learn much from me--I'm still trying to figure out how to use my camera!! HA!