Sunday, October 4, 2009

MEND

On Saturday, we attended a remembrance ceremony that was hosted by MEND (Mothers Enduring Neonatal Death). We go every year in memory of Logan, it is one of our ways of keeping his memory alive. This is the third year that we have been and each year it is just so touching and peaceful. It has almost been three years since Logan went to Heaven. I miss Logan very much, but the memories that I have of him are so sweet. I sometimes still cry when I think of him and I often wonder what he would be like if he were still here with us. I always think that as each year passes it will get easier--and it does, but each year as the holidays approach my heart does get a little heavier. The loss of Logan has made me appreciate life more and I do not take one second with Landon for granted. Even the simplest things make me smile...seeing Landon in my rear view mirror as he sits in his car seat brings me so much joy. Shortly after losing Logan, I remember driving in my car feeling as if something was missing...I would look in my rear view mirror hoping to see Logan in a car seat only to see nothing but an empty seat. Logan never rode in my car, but this weighed so heavily on me. We are so blessed to have more than this life here on earth--I can't wait until we are all together.
The ceremony takes place outside the church on a hill and in the church foyer tables are set up for families to display mementos of their lost babies. This year we brought Logan's picture and his memory book.During the ceremony a storm started to blow in and it started raining, so the ceremony was completed inside the church.This kid is just so darn cute!!

Fortunately the storm blew over and we were still able to do the balloon release. There were so many balloons--look at all the blue ones--there must be lots of little boys in Heaven for Logan to play with.

Landon and I getting ready to release our balloons.

These are the 2 balloons from Landon and I going up to Logan. Daddy was busy handing out balloons to the families, so his went up a little later than ours.

2 comments:

amandanbo said...

so happy ya'll keep logan's memory alive & celebrate him...even though i'm sure it's not always easy. i know he touched sooooo many lives during his short time here. he touched mine & i never even got to "meet" him...i'll always wish that i had....

Burchfield said...

Heather you are such a beautiful person. I just wanted you to know that is all I could think as I read this tonight. You are loved.