On Friday, Landon and I packed up for the day and headed to the Falls to see some friends. Our first stop was to see my friend Amy--we taught together and her sweet son, Ryan, was in my class when he was in kindergarten. I'm so glad that we were able to stop and visit with Amy--her mother is under the care of Hospice and is only expected to live a few more days. I hope that we were able to provide her with a little distraction from all the worry and sadness that she is going through. After leaving Amy's we picked my friend Cari up for lunch. Cari and I made our first communions together in second grade and have been friends ever since. Landon absolutely loves Cari and she is so wonderful with him. She is going to be a wonderful mother one day!! I always enjoy visits with Cari because she always has interesting stories to share and she is just a joy to be around. Landon was quite the entertainer during lunch--he used his crayon to pick up cheerios and then he would put them in his mouth!!

Using his crayon to pick up his cheerio.

Putting the cheerio in his mouth and proudly looking at Cari. I think this picture is so cute--you can see how proud he is!! How did I get so lucky to be this little boys momma?!?!
After lunch Cari had to get back to work, so Landon and I went to visit my dear friend Mary Sue. I absolutely love Mary Sue!! She has a heart made of gold and is one of the sweetest people I know. She was my mentor my first year of teaching and if it weren't for her I probably wouldn't have made it through my first year. Landon got to play with her grandson, Carter, and then we went to pick Carter's brother, Dalton, from day camp. I wish we could have stayed longer, but Landon was getting grumpy from not getting a nap so we headed back home. It was a great day catching up with old friends!!
No comments:
Post a Comment