David and I were very impressed with the school and decided it is where we want Landon to be next fall. It is clean, safe, Christian based, small classes, and very close to our house. When you walk into the school there is a huge mural of Jesus with little children sitting in his lap, it is so sweet. Just down the hall is where Landon's class will be. It is so strange saying that Landon will have a classroom, I didn't think I would say that until he was in kindergarten. There will be 4 kids total in Landon's class. They play games, read books, go to gym class and study a letter a week! That is so crazy to me, as just a few short years ago we taught a letter a week in kindergarten. I think Landon will be ready for all the socialization that he will get, and I can't wait to see what new things he learns!!
Today I took Landon with me to turn in his registration paperwork, and the director invited us to look at Landon's classroom. The directors daughter is also in this class, her name is Presley, and she is this chubby little girl with blonde curls--she is super cute! Landon walked right in and was very interested in the big colorful rug where I am assuming they have "carpet time". His soon to be classmates were walking around playing and seemed totally oblivious to Landon being there.
I visited for a bit with the teacher and the director while the kiddos played and Landon looked around. As we were visiting, a little boy picked up my purse, put it on his shoulder and walked off with it. The director said, "Oh look, he has Landon's moms purse!! That is so cute!!". I knew that I would lose my first name sometime during motherhood, but had no idea it would be so soon--again I thought it would happen when Landon got to kindergarten. Oh well, I don't remember the directors name either, I just know her as 'Presley's mom'.
I don't like to post without putting a pic of the little guy, so here you go...


1 comment:
oh my goodness!! big school?! so exciting! i'm sure he is going to love it! i have been trying to talk bo into letting me put ava in a preschool at 3...but we have negotiatied a deal and agreed on 4. landon is going to have so much fun with all those kids, and he is going to learn so much! awwww, he's getting so big!
miss you landon's mommy!
~a
Post a Comment