Sunday, June 22, 2008

Burnt Carrots!!

We have become very close with all the neighbors here and every couple of weeks we get together and cook-out. He are Landon and Dad swimming in our neighbors pool. Landon does not like it at first because it is cold, but after a few seconds he is great! He is really content in the pool.
Such a cutie--I just want to squeeze him!!
I bought him some really cute swim trunks from Old Navy--I will take a picture of him wearing them the next time we go to the pool!
This is how I found Landon after his nap. I could hear him on the monitor talking and cooing (oh, so cute), so I went in there and he was having a little party by himself in his crib!!
Yes, this is BURNT CARROTS!! I was watching the news a few weeks ago and they were discussing the benefits of making your own baby food--1) It is cheaper. 2) It is healthier. 3) It is easy.
Cheap, easy, and healthy--just what you want with a baby. So, anyway I thought I would "steam" some carrots in the microwave, then puree them. Well, this is what I got--not so good!! The burnt carrots made the house smell terrible, this is how I make steamed squash--how come it didn't work with carrots?!?! In the end, I steamed some carrots in a pot (the correct way, I guess), then pureed them and Landon LOVED them!! He would fuss in between bites because I wasn't givin them to him fast enough!! I wonder if this was a preview of what his appetite will be like in the future?!
Landon looking at Dad while eating his carrots!!
YUM--YUM!!
Landon playing with his book while mommy cleans up the kitchen and the burnt carrots!! He is such a good boy!


No comments: